[Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Enrico Tröger
Hi all,


after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.

Probably the only way to continously get new users and be able to
improve the editor more, is to use Qt 4.

Since this means a quite big change in everything, the project will be
renamed into Qeany.

All GTK related code will be removed soon and replaced by newer,
better Qt 4 code.

This way we can get rid off this archaic and legacy toolkit.


There is already a new web site: www.qeany.org with
more information.


Hope you'll like the changes.


Regards,
Enrico
_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Laurent Hoeltgen
:-D

I like the name Qeany! Sounds great in my opinion. ;-)

Regards,
Laurent

Am Donnerstag, den 01.04.2010, 07:10 +0000 schrieb Enrico Tröger:

> Hi all,
>
>
> after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
> to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.
>
> Probably the only way to continously get new users and be able to
> improve the editor more, is to use Qt 4.
>
> Since this means a quite big change in everything, the project will be
> renamed into Qeany.
>
> All GTK related code will be removed soon and replaced by newer,
> better Qt 4 code.
>
> This way we can get rid off this archaic and legacy toolkit.
>
>
> There is already a new web site: www.qeany.org with
> more information.
>
>
> Hope you'll like the changes.
>
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
> _______________________________________________
> Geany mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany

_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Thomas Martitz
In reply to this post by Enrico Tröger
Am 01.04.2010 09:10, schrieb Enrico Tröger:

> Hi all,
>
>
> after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
> to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.
>
> Probably the only way to continously get new users and be able to
> improve the editor more, is to use Qt 4.
>
> Since this means a quite big change in everything, the project will be
> renamed into Qeany.
>
> All GTK related code will be removed soon and replaced by newer,
> better Qt 4 code.
>
> This way we can get rid off this archaic and legacy toolkit.
>
>
> There is already a new web site: www.qeany.org with
> more information.
>
>
> Hope you'll like the changes.
>    

Sure. I guess you'll also port it to the win32 api while you're at it
(Weany?)? :D

Qeany and Weany will rock! :)

Best regards.





(Nice one ;) )
_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Bo Lorentsen
In reply to this post by Enrico Tröger
Enrico Tröger wrote:
> after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
> to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.
>  
I love april the first jokes, good one :-)

/BL
_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Lex Trotman
In reply to this post by Thomas Martitz


On 1 April 2010 19:32, Thomas Martitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 01.04.2010 09:10, schrieb Enrico Tröger:

Hi all,


after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.

Probably the only way to continously get new users and be able to
improve the editor more, is to use Qt 4.

Since this means a quite big change in everything, the project will be
renamed into Qeany.

All GTK related code will be removed soon and replaced by newer,
better Qt 4 code.

This way we can get rid off this archaic and legacy toolkit.


There is already a new web site: www.qeany.org with
more information.


Hope you'll like the changes.
 

Sure. I guess you'll also port it to the win32 api while you're at it (Weany?)? :D

Qeany and Weany will rock! :)

No, Weany is the Wxwidgets version, the windows version is $eany :-)

and don't forget the Fltk version Feany...

Cheers
Lex
 

Best regards.





(Nice one ;) )
_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Lex Trotman


On 1 April 2010 19:45, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:


On 1 April 2010 19:32, Thomas Martitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 01.04.2010 09:10, schrieb Enrico Tröger:

Hi all,


after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.

Probably the only way to continously get new users and be able to
improve the editor more, is to use Qt 4.

Since this means a quite big change in everything, the project will be
renamed into Qeany.

All GTK related code will be removed soon and replaced by newer,
better Qt 4 code.

This way we can get rid off this archaic and legacy toolkit.


There is already a new web site: www.qeany.org with
more information.


Hope you'll like the changes.
 

Sure. I guess you'll also port it to the win32 api while you're at it (Weany?)? :D

Qeany and Weany will rock! :)

No, Weany is the Wxwidgets version, the windows version is $eany :-)

and don't forget the Fltk version Feany...

Cheers
Lex
 

And following the philosophy of small and light, how aboutusing Tk for windows, that version would then be Teany  Weany :-D

Cheers
Lex


Best regards.





(Nice one ;) )
_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]



_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Ben West
In reply to this post by Bo Lorentsen
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Bo Lorentsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Enrico Tröger wrote:
after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.
 
I love april the first jokes, good one :-)

/BL

_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany

oh, darn.  I've been developing for QT in geany for months; IT's just so sad.

j/k == love geany just like she is.

--
/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West


_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany] Ann: Move from GTK to Qt, new project name Qeany

Enrico Tröger
In reply to this post by Enrico Tröger
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 07:10:07 +0000, Enrico wrote:

Heyho,

>after 4 years of using GTK as the GUI toolkit for Geany, I think it's
>to switch to a modern and user-friendly GUI toolkit, Qt 4.

as most of probably noticed, this was just a joke on April Fools'
Day :).

There are no intentions to use another name or toolkit or something,
GTK is fine as it is.

Just to get a little smile into your faces.

Regards,
Enrico

--
Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key

_______________________________________________
Geany mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany

attachment0 (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...