[Geany-Users] Clipboard is not supported!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Geany-Users] Clipboard is not supported!

ToddAndMargo
Hi All,

Fedora Core 26
Scientific Linux 7.3
Geany 1.29

I dearly adore Geany as I can use it over an SSH X11 connection.

Butttttttttt, it does not support the Primary Clipboard (mouse
over and center click).  It only supports the Secondary
Clipboard (<ctrl>c< <ctrl><c>) -- a Windows thing.

This is a real pain in the neck (not my exact word).  It
is annoying as *** ALL *** my other Linux programs support it
and it is a muscle memory.

Is there any work around or plans to fully support the
clipboards in Linux, not just the reduced function
clipboards that Windows supports?


Many thanks,
-T


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computers are like air conditioners.
They malfunction when you open windows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.geany.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany-Users] Clipboard is not supported!

Lex Trotman
On 31 July 2017 at 06:15, ToddAndMargo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora Core 26
> Scientific Linux 7.3
> Geany 1.29
>
> I dearly adore Geany as I can use it over an SSH X11 connection.
>
> Butttttttttt, it does not support the Primary Clipboard (mouse
> over and center click).  It only supports the Secondary
> Clipboard (<ctrl>c< <ctrl><c>) -- a Windows thing.
>
> This is a real pain in the neck (not my exact word).  It
> is annoying as *** ALL *** my other Linux programs support it
> and it is a muscle memory.
>
> Is there any work around or plans to fully support the
> clipboards in Linux, not just the reduced function
> clipboards that Windows supports?

Middle click pasting the primary selection works for me, within and
into and out of Geany and AFAIK has always worked, maybe your SSH does
something unusual.  More information needed.

Cheers
Lex

>
>
> Many thanks,
> -T
>
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Computers are like air conditioners.
> They malfunction when you open windows
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.geany.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.geany.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Geany-Users] Clipboard is not supported!

ToddAndMargo
On 07/30/2017 03:35 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 31 July 2017 at 06:15, ToddAndMargo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Fedora Core 26
>> Scientific Linux 7.3
>> Geany 1.29
>>
>> I dearly adore Geany as I can use it over an SSH X11 connection.
>>
>> Butttttttttt, it does not support the Primary Clipboard (mouse
>> over and center click).  It only supports the Secondary
>> Clipboard (<ctrl>c< <ctrl><c>) -- a Windows thing.
>>
>> This is a real pain in the neck (not my exact word).  It
>> is annoying as *** ALL *** my other Linux programs support it
>> and it is a muscle memory.
>>
>> Is there any work around or plans to fully support the
>> clipboards in Linux, not just the reduced function
>> clipboards that Windows supports?
>
> Middle click pasting the primary selection works for me, within and
> into and out of Geany and AFAIK has always worked, maybe your SSH does
> something unusual.  More information needed.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Hi Lex,

I was trying to mouse over and paste from a
local copy to a terminal.

And the Secondary Clipboard is working to and from Geany
from and to Thunderbird.

Hmmmmmmmm! !!!!

And now it is working to and from a terminal as well.

Me things something was amiss in either that instance
of Geany or Terminal.  And restarting both fixed
the issues.

So, never mind ...   mumble, mumble

-T

p.s. When I am ssh-X11ing into a remote Geany, I will
make a local backup copy of my file by opening Geany
locally, doing a <ctrl><a> and <ctrl><c>  on the remote
Geany, then doing a <ctrl><V> on my local Geany.  Works
beautifully.  (Secondary clipboard).



_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.geany.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Loading...