[Geany-Users] Code is not executing (Windows 10)

[Geany-Users] Code is not executing (Windows 10)

Rafael Knuth
I am using Windows 10
Geany 1.29
Python 3.6 (installed)

When executing my code, CMD displays the following message:

python is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file. program exited with code 9009

How do I fix this? Thanks

Re: [Geany-Users] Code is not executing (Windows 10)

Lex Trotman
Sounds like wherever python is installed is not in your path.

On 1 March 2017 at 00:08, Rafael Knuth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Windows 10
> Geany 1.29
> Python 3.6 (installed)
>
> When executing my code, CMD displays the following message:
>
> python is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file. program exited with code 9009
>
> How do I fix this? Thanks

Re: [Geany-Users] Code is not executing (Windows 10)

Rafael Knuth
Can you be more specific? I have no clue how to fix this, I am an
early beginner to programming.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:56 PM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds like wherever python is installed is not in your path.
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>
> On 1 March 2017 at 00:08, Rafael Knuth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am using Windows 10
>> Geany 1.29
>> Python 3.6 (installed)
>>
>> When executing my code, CMD displays the following message:
>>
>> python is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
>> program or batch file. program exited with code 9009
>>
>> How do I fix this? Thanks

Re: [Geany-Users] Code is not executing (Windows 10)

Matthew Brush-2
On 2017-03-01 12:10 AM, Rafael Knuth wrote:
> Can you be more specific? I have no clue how to fix this, I am an
> early beginner to programming.

See here:

http://www.anthonydebarros.com/2015/08/16/setting-up-python-in-windows-10/

Until step #6 works, the default build commands in Geany won't work.

Regards,
Matthew Brush