[Geany-Users] Feature request -- capitalize first letter only

[Geany-Users] Feature request -- capitalize first letter only

Pance Stojkovski
I know there's a way to toggle the case of the selection with Ctrl-Alt-U.

But I was wondering of this could be added -- to just make the first letter UPPERCASE, and all other letters lowercase (in the selection).

For example -- "This Is My Title".

Thanks

Pance

Re: [Geany-Users] Feature request -- capitalize first letter only

Colomban Wendling
Hi,

Le 11/12/2016 à 00:32, Pance Stojkovski a écrit :
> I know there's a way to toggle the case of the selection with
> Ctrl-Alt-U.
>
> But I was wondering of this could be added -- to just make the first
> letter UPPERCASE, and all other letters lowercase (in the
> selection).
>
> For example -- "This Is My Title".

You could use a custom command [1] and something like this Python command:

python -c 'import sys; sys.stdout.write(sys.stdin.read().title())'

Regards,
Colomban

[1] https://www.geany.org/manual/#sending-text-through-custom-commands