[Geany-Users] Geany association registered

[Geany-Users] Geany association registered

Enrico Tröger
Hi all,

we'd like to inform you that we have successfully registered an
association "Geany e.V." (according to German law).

This way now we have a legal entity for receiving donations.

The board of the association consists of three members:
Silvio Knizek
Frank Lanitz
Enrico Tröger

If you have any questions or other matters regarding the association,
feel free to contact of one us three or all together.

The association is open for any new members. So if you like to join, you
are welcome. There is an annual membership fee of 5 Euro.
Unfortunately, so far the association charter and rules of order are
available only in German.
We still need to translate the documents into English.

The documents are available at:
https://github.com/geany/geany-ev-charter

If anyone wants to help translating the documents into English and/or
has some practical knowledge in translating legal texts, please contact us.

Regards,
Enrico

rch

Re: [Geany-Users] Geany association registered

rch

On 01/15/2017 10:10 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> If anyone wants to help translating the documents into English and/or
> has some practical knowledge in translating legal texts, please contact us.

Give your legal expert a ready-made rough translation in ENG. [1]
She will enjoy the challenge of rendering it into ENG legalese

Richard H

[1] File geany01-02English.txt, attached
With thanks to translate google dot com

geany01-02English.txt (19K) Download Attachment

Re: [Geany-Users] Geany association registered

Lex Trotman
Thanks but...

The translation is so poor that it would be a case of "guess what the
original actually said, and then what that means" and thats not a good
approach to legalese.  You need to keep the original meaning.

Am 2017-01-16 08:54, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> Thanks but...
>
> The translation is so poor that it would be a case of "guess what the
> original actually said, and then what that means" and thats not a good
> approach to legalese.  You need to keep the original meaning.

Actually this is the main reason we did not yet provide a translation as
all this legal terms on the one hand and the different legal systems all
over the world on the other hand. A few weeks ago I created a short
conclusion of the charter. Maybe it helps a little to understand what's
the goal etc. This is not a official translation/transcript/* ;)

§1 The name will be Geany e.V. and it will be located in Halle (Saale),
Germany. My current hometown. It will be registered there too.

# This is done. It's registered in Stendal, Germany)

§2 Goals are to support development and usage of Free Software, in
special Geany as well as helping getting access (in terms of how to use
it e.g.) to it as well as education about Free Software in general. By
doing this it will support also science

# This is quiet explicit because of German rules and keeping opportunity
# to become a non-profit organisation

These goals will be fullfilled by:
* Support of exchange between developers
* Development and research related to Geany
* Support on preparing documentation and schoolings
* running booth, workshops etc to increase number of people having
   "access" to Geany
* Support developers in case of any legal issue related to Geany

§3 No funds of the organisation is allowed to spend for things not
mentioned in §2

§4 Membership: Humans as well as companies might become member of the
association by asked via e.g. Mail and ack of the board. (a few more
things to organize this stuff)

§5 Rights and duties of a member:
* Members might use resources of the association
* Members shall help to do things mentioned in §2
* Members need to pay a little few (5€/year at the moment)

§6 Institutions
* There are the board of directors and the general meeting

§7 General meeting
* Highst court
* Decision/resolutions based on voting (relative majority in most cases)
* At least 1 time a year
* Exceptionally can be triggered by 23% of members
* A lot of legal stuff in terms of e.g. announcements in time
* Invitation sent out by the boards at least 2 week in prior
* None natural members are allowed to send a representative (not
electable)

§8 Board
* At least 3 persons
* Every member of board is allowed to speak for the association and e.g.
   sign contracts (400€ value alone, 2000€ value together, all above in
   every case general meeting)
* Board is elected for 2 years
* No payment for board members (travel expenses are ok)
* Some legal stuff

# Current board: Enrico Tröger, Frank Lanitz and Silvio Knizek. The last
# one is a dear fellow doing botthes etc. together with us for a long
time

§9 Changes on this charter
* General meeting needs 2/3 vote for a change
* Change needs to be announces inside invitation for general meeting

§10 Termination
* If the asociation is terminated, there needs a general meeting as well
   as a decision who is getting the money etc. Can be only given to a
   non-profit oganisation.

$11 writings
* Emails can be used too for interaction with asociation, but needs to
   be signed

Cheers,
Frank
rch

Re: [Geany-Users] Geany association registered

rch
Just give it a try
:-)