[Geany-Users] How to hide *.pyc files?

Chris Spencer
How do you hide files with certain extensions from displaying the the Files/Project/Tree Browser tabs?

Re: [Geany-Users] How to hide *.pyc files?

Lex Trotman
On 9 May 2017 at 03:31, Chris Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How do you hide files with certain extensions from displaying the the
> Files/Project/Tree Browser tabs?
>
> I found this old mailing list post
> (http://lists.geany.org/pipermail/users/2011-January/006358.html) which
> claims to have added a patch to hide *.pyc back in 2011, but the problem
> still exists 6 years later.

The patch appears to have been applied to the treebrowser plugin which
is part of the geany-plugins project.  If it is not working please
make an issue on the Geany-Plugins issues on github, but it may be a
while before any response as I'm afraid that at this moment that
plugin has no maintainer.

The filebrowser plugin which is a core plugin distributed with Geany,
correctly excludes hidden extensions.  The list can be changed by
editing the filebrowser.conf file in your config directory (shutdown
filebrowser while you do it).

I'm not sure what you mean by the files/project tabs?

Re: [Geany-Users] How to hide *.pyc files?

Matthew Brush-2
On 2017-05-08 10:31 AM, Chris Spencer wrote:
> How do you hide files with certain extensions from displaying the the
> Files/Project/Tree Browser tabs?

If you're using the ProjectOrganizer plugin, you can edit the excluded
files and directories in the Project->Properties dialog, although *.pyc
is already in the default list.

Regards,
Matthew Brush