[Geany-Users] How to output to an external window in a Mac installation?

[Geany-Users] How to output to an external window in a Mac installation?

Mark Hufe
I really like Geany for Python programming in an Ubuntu or Windows environment. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it to work the same way on a Mac. When I run the program, I want the output to go to a separate terminal window. I've found posts that explain how to get it to run in the message pane by setting the VTE checkbox, which is not what I want. When the VTE is unchecked, the output doesn't seem to go anywhere.

delahere

Re: [Geany-Users] How to output to an external window in a Mac installation?

Matthew Brush-2
On 2017-07-04 08:45 AM, Mark Hufe wrote:
> I really like Geany for Python programming in an Ubuntu or Windows environment. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it to work the same way on a Mac. When I run the program, I want the output to go to a separate terminal window. I've found posts that explain how to get it to run in the message pane by setting the VTE checkbox, which is not what I want. When the VTE is unchecked, the output doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Hi,

Do you have something reasonable in Preferences->Tools->Terminal?

Do you get any error message in the status bar and/or Help->Debug
Messages window?

Regards,
Matthew Brush