[Geany-Users] How to set external diff viewer in GeanyVC?

[Geany-Users] How to set external diff viewer in GeanyVC?

Chris Spencer
I have the GeanyVC plugin enabled and the "use external diff viewer" option checked, and meld installed locally, but when I go to VC->directory->diff, it shows me the generic output from diff, not meld.

How do I configure GeanyVC to use meld?

Re: [Geany-Users] How to set external diff viewer in GeanyVC?

Lex Trotman
On 7 May 2017 at 03:32, Chris Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have the GeanyVC plugin enabled and the "use external diff viewer" option
> checked, and meld installed locally, but when I go to VC->directory->diff,
> it shows me the generic output from diff, not meld.
>
> How do I configure GeanyVC to use meld?

If the option is selected GeanyVC should use the first viewer it finds
in path (from the list  "meld", "kompare", "kdiff3", "diffuse",
"tkdiff", "WinMergeU").

You havn't specified that OS you are using, but on Linux systems
starting apps from the desktop menu often does not run any shell, so
path is not set correctly, so no viewer will be found.

Re: [Geany-Users] How to set external diff viewer in GeanyVC?

Chris Spencer
Thanks. It works if I do a diff on a single file, but not for a directory. I guess that's just not implemented yet. However, that's easy enough to launch from the command line.