[Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

[Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

Abel

Hi!

I wanna know if it's possible to set keybindings for:
- deleting from current position to the end of the line, as in unix shell cntrl + U does.
- deleting from the begining of the line to current position, as in unix shell cntrl + K does.

Thank you folks!

Re: [Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

Lex Trotman
There is a delete whole line (default ctrl-k) and delete to line end
(default ctrl-shift-delete) that are bindable, but no delete to
current position.

On 17 May 2016 at 02:29, Abel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wanna know if it's possible to set keybindings for:
> - deleting from current position to the end of the line, as in unix shell
> cntrl + U does.
> - deleting from the begining of the line to current position, as in unix
> shell cntrl + K does.
>
> Thank you folks!

Re: [Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

Abel
OK. So, technically, there is no way to have a shortcut for delete from beginning to current position?

Thanks Lex!

Saludos,

                                                       Abel.

On 17 May 2016 at 09:09, Abel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK. So, technically, there is no way to have a shortcut for delete from
> beginning to current position?

Correct

> Thanks Lex!
>

> Saludos,
>
>                                                        Abel.
>
> On 17 May 2016 at 01:06, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There is a delete whole line (default ctrl-k) and delete to line end
>> (default ctrl-shift-delete) that are bindable, but no delete to
>> current position.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>>
>> On 17 May 2016 at 02:29, Abel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I wanna know if it's possible to set keybindings for:
>> > - deleting from current position to the end of the line, as in unix
>> > shell
>> > cntrl + U does.
>> > - deleting from the begining of the line to current position, as in unix
>> > shell cntrl + K does.
>> >
>> > Thank you folks!

Re: [Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

Matthew Brush-2
On 2016-05-16 04:09 PM, Abel wrote:
> OK. So, technically, there is no way to have a shortcut for delete from
> beginning to current position?

*Technically* there is a keyboard shortcut, it's Shift+Home+Delete,
though you probably knew that one already :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

On 17/05/16 02:44, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 2016-05-16 04:09 PM, Abel wrote:
>> OK. So, technically, there is no way to have a shortcut for delete from
>> beginning to current position?
>>

> *Technically* there is a keyboard shortcut, it's Shift+Home+Delete,
> though you probably knew that one already :)
Not really, I never thought that shift + Home/End might select from
current to beginning / end.  Nice tip!!

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to have an analogous version to
cntrl + shift + delete for deleting to start, shouldn't it?

On 2016-05-16 05:50 PM, Abel wrote:

> On 17/05/16 02:44, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> On 2016-05-16 04:09 PM, Abel wrote:
>>> OK. So, technically, there is no way to have a shortcut for delete from
>>> beginning to current position?
>>>

>> *Technically* there is a keyboard shortcut, it's Shift+Home+Delete,
>> though you probably knew that one already :)
> Not really, I never thought that shift + Home/End might select from
> current to beginning / end.  Nice tip!!
>
> Nevertheless, it would be interesting to have an analogous version to
> cntrl + shift + delete for deleting to start, shouldn't it?

It might not be that hard to add if it's supported by Scintilla[0],
though the docs don't give enough information for me to tell. Maybe
`SCI_DELLINELEFT`? Would probably require reading Scintilla's code or
just testing it out.

You could make an Issue on Github[1] and see if anyone wants to add it,
or do it yourself, of course.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[0]: http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#KeyboardCommands
[1]: https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/new

Re: [Geany-Users] Keybindings to delete from current char to the end/begining of line

Abel

Hi!

I finally do it myself. Here it's the pull request to merge with master: https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1134

Greetings,