[Geany-Users] Mailing list working again

[Geany-Users] Mailing list working again

Enrico Tröger
Hi,

during a restart of the mailing list software on lists.geany.org, the
mailing list software was restarted properly and it wasn't noticed until
today.
Unfortunately, that happened back on November 15 :(.

I added checks for the mailing list software to the monitoring system,
so it will be noticed way faster in case it would happen again.

As far as I can tell, no mails or anything was lost, they just got sent
out with some delay.

Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Regards,
Enrico

Re: [Geany-Users] Mailing list working again

Colomban Wendling
Le 06/12/2016 à 20:48, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> during a restart of the mailing list software on lists.geany.org, the
> mailing list software was restarted properly and it wasn't noticed until
> today.
> Unfortunately, that happened back on November 15 :(.

Well, actually I noticed some email were missing after the 11th, but as
I had serious issues with my mailbox (DNS expired, nooby mistake on
their part) I put the missing mail on account of that guessing the
mailing software dropped me after seeing an NXDOMAIN or something.  As I
only thought the commits ML was gone, and that now GitHub allows to send
people's own emails, I didn't care too much and didn't bother investigating.

So, funny timing, but thanks a bunch for noticing and fixing -- and
adding monitoring on it, that's always clever :)

Cheers,
Colomban