[Geany-Users] Markdown preview plugin for Windows

[Geany-Users] Markdown preview plugin for Windows

I am a newcomer to geany, while i will use it mainly on Linux, I have also installed it on a computer running Windows Vista (geany 1.26). In addition, I have installed the geany-plugin package but cannot find the markdown preview plugin.

Is it available for Windows, and, if so, where do I find it?

Thank you,

Re: [Geany-Users] Markdown preview plugin for Windows

Enrico Tröger
On 19/02/16 23:19, H wrote:
> I am a newcomer to geany, while i will use it mainly on Linux, I have also installed it on a computer running Windows Vista (geany 1.26). In addition, I have installed the geany-plugin package but cannot find the markdown preview plugin.
>
> Is it available for Windows, and, if so, where do I find it?

It is not yet available on Windows because it depends on WebkitGTK and
we didn't ship this dependency with the installers in the past.

This might change with the next release. At least after changing the way
Geany is built on Windows, using MSYS2, it is now easily possible to
make the plugin available.

Stay tuned, the next release is not far away.

Regards,
Enrico

On February 19, 2016 5:50:17 PM EST, "Enrico Tröger" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 19/02/16 23:19, H wrote:
I am a newcomer to geany, while i will use it mainly on Linux, I have also installed it on a computer running Windows Vista (geany 1.26). In addition, I have installed the geany-plugin package but cannot find the markdown preview plugin.

Is it available for Windows, and, if so, where do I find it?

It is not yet available on Windows because it depends on WebkitGTK and
we didn't ship this dependency with the installers in the past.

This might change with the next release. At least after changing the way
Geany is built on Windows, using MSYS2, it is now easily possible to
make the plugin available.

Stay tuned, the next release is not far away.

Regards,
Enrico

Thank you for your quick reply. Can you venture when the next release might be available?

Re: [Geany-Users] Markdown preview plugin for Windows

Lex Trotman
https://github.com/geany/geany/milestones