[Geany-Users] Problem with Geany and Windows IME

[Geany-Users] Problem with Geany and Windows IME

Roberto Ribeiro
Hello, using Geany 1.30.1 "Calron", on a Windows 10 computer with a japanese keyboard. When I try to type using the roman letters of Windows IME, I get instead the japanese symbols that are mapped to each key (for instance, E prints out イ, 8 prints out ユ, and so on), which is a whole other way of typing that is not turned on anywhere else in the system. The only way I can type roman characters normally in Geany is switching the input language from Japanese to English, but that has different mapping for all the special symbols, so it's not a good solution at all.

Has anyone encountered this (or similar) problem?