[Geany-Users] Raspbian now includes Geany!

[Geany-Users] Raspbian now includes Geany!

Justin Rittenhouse
Just wanted to pass on my congrats to the devs that hang around here for Geany's inclusion in the latest Raspbian release!

Very cool to see Geany get some recognition out there.

As always, really appreciate all you developers' work.

Justin

Re: [Geany-Users] Raspbian now includes Geany!

Little Girl
Hey there,

Gustavo Araújo wrote:

> > https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/#another-update-raspbian
> >
> > Very cool to see Geany get some recognition out there.

> "but not really suitable for serious work" ... I didn't like that
> comment, anyways...

You might have misunderstood that. I just took a look at it, and that
part was about "the simple editor provided with LXDE" (which is
Leafpad) not being really suitable for serious work, and they were
comparing Geany favorably with it, as they should because Geany
blows it away, so all is good in Geany world. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.

Re: [Geany-Users] Raspbian now includes Geany!

Emil Brink
That was not directed at Geany, but at the simpler editor they had before.

On the contrary, the post says about Geany: "now includes the Geany editor, which is much better suited to big projects".

Great!

/Emil