[Geany-Users] Search Box on toolbar goes blank when text not found

[Geany-Users] Search Box on toolbar goes blank when text not found

Jerry DeLisle-2
Hi all,

The text box use to go black text on red background when text not found.

I just upgraded to Fedora 24.

Now the text goes to white on white and can not see it. If I backspace to a
substring that is found it comes back.

Is there a place to configure these colours? at least until a fix comes out on F24

Regards,

Jerry

Re: [Geany-Users] Search Box on toolbar goes blank when text not found

Colomban Wendling
Le 12/10/2016 à 21:47, Jerry DeLisle a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> The text box use to go black text on red background when text not found.
>
> I just upgraded to Fedora 24.
>
> Now the text goes to white on white and can not see it. If I backspace
> to a substring that is found it comes back.
>
> Is there a place to configure these colours? at least until a fix comes
> out on F24

https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137

It's fixed in the development version, and some distros backported the
fix (e.g. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=835370).

It's fairly easy to apply the same fix locally, you just need that part:
https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137/files#diff-f0a2225292030c7d1147b0fa789374bf

You may edit the system version of geany.gtkrc, or edit your user's
~/.gtkrc-2.0.

Or change to some other desktop theme, anything respecting the
background color.

Regards,
Colomban

On 10/12/2016 01:23 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> Le 12/10/2016 à 21:47, Jerry DeLisle a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The text box use to go black text on red background when text not found.
>>
>> I just upgraded to Fedora 24.
>>
>> Now the text goes to white on white and can not see it. If I backspace
>> to a substring that is found it comes back.
>>
>> Is there a place to configure these colours? at least until a fix comes
>> out on F24
>
> https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137
>
> It's fixed in the development version, and some distros backported the
> fix (e.g. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=835370).
>
> It's fairly easy to apply the same fix locally, you just need that part:
> https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137/files#diff-f0a2225292030c7d1147b0fa789374bf
>
> You may edit the system version of geany.gtkrc, or edit your user's
> ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

I edited geany.gtkrc per the example and this works great! Thanks very much!

on F24 it is located /usr/share/geany/

Regards,

Jerry