[Geany-Users] Segmentation fault

Amir Teymuri
I am using geany to write python-pygame codes. When i run a pygame code
and then close the pygame window, is see in the terminal : Segmentation
fault. Does any one know why this is happening? I am using Debian 8
-jessie. Previously i was using geany on ubuntu and i never had this
Segmentation fault, the terminal was allways clear after closing the
pygame window.

Best regards
Amir
--

Sent from Debian-Jessie

Re: [Geany-Users] Segmentation fault

Colomban Wendling
Le 06/07/2016 à 15:33, Amir Teymuri a écrit :
> I am using geany to write python-pygame codes. When i run a pygame code
> and then close the pygame window, is see in the terminal : Segmentation
> fault. Does any one know why this is happening? I am using Debian 8
> -jessie. Previously i was using geany on ubuntu and i never had this
> Segmentation fault, the terminal was allways clear after closing the
> pygame window.

This shows a bad bug in your program.  "Segmentation fault" basically
means you program tried to do something it isn't allowed to (likely
reading memory outside of its allocated ranges) and the OS killed it.
It's kinda hard to do that directly from Python, so it's likely either a
bug in pygame, or a misuse of its API.

You probably should ask this to a pygame forum or alike, because it's
unrelated to Geany itself.
You might run `python yourgame` in a debugger and see when it crashes,
but as it won't show your own code it probably won't help you much
figure it out -- yet if it's a pygame bug, it might help them fix it,
but one step at a time.

Regards,
Colomban