[Geany-Users] Sorting selection reminder???

[Geany-Users] Sorting selection reminder???

R. Mariotti
Hi all,

Some years ago I read on this list how one could select a section of
code and then trigger a sort of the contents while in the editor.  I've
searched the archives but cannot seem to find the reference.

Does anyone remember how one can accomplish that task?   Thank you.

Re: [Geany-Users] Sorting selection reminder???

Colomban Wendling
Le 04/06/2016 à 13:48, R.Mariotti a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Some years ago I read on this list how one could select a section of
> code and then trigger a sort of the contents while in the editor.  I've
> searched the archives but cannot seem to find the reference.
>
> Does anyone remember how one can accomplish that task?   Thank you.

You can use a Custom Command (see the manual) calling the `sort` command
(if you're under *NIX).  It'll sort the selected lines alphabetically
(by default, see the sort manual).

Alternatively, there now is a plugin that can perform sorting, too.  See
http://plugins.geany.org/lineoperations.html

Regards,
Colomban