[Geany-Users] Update on source compilation

[Geany-Users] Update on source compilation

manohar gaddipati
Hello,

This is Manohar and i am still working on source compilation on geany. I am working on fortran and using windows. Installed Cygwin for windows

Error 1
After I add commands under Build commands this is what i get
Commands used:
Compile: C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "%f"
Build : C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -o "%e" "%f"

C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "Test.f90" (in directory: C:\Fortran)
C:/cygwin64/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.4.0/f951.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Compilation failed.

If i move the dll files and .exe files to my project folder. The compilation and build was succesful

Error 2
Not able to execute file. When I click execute cygwin batch file pop up and does not execute

Error 3
As i already compiled i tried running on the command prompt and I could not run it.

Please share any ideas/suggestions. I have tried a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Manohar

Re: [Geany-Users] Update on source compilation

Lex Trotman
On 1 November 2016 at 15:17, manohar gaddipati
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is Manohar and i am still working on source compilation on geany. I am
> working on fortran and using windows. Installed Cygwin for windows
>
> Error 1
> After I add commands under Build commands this is what i get
> Commands used:
> Compile: C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "%f"
> Build : C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -o "%e" "%f"
>
> C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "Test.f90" (in directory: C:\Fortran)
> C:/cygwin64/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.4.0/f951.exe: error while loading
> shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> Compilation failed.
>
> If i move the dll files and .exe files to my project folder. The compilation
> and build was succesful
>
> Error 2
> Not able to execute file. When I click execute cygwin batch file pop up and
> does not execute
>
> Error 3
> As i already compiled i tried running on the command prompt and I could not
> run it.

Well, if it won't run on the command line its not a Geany problem.
Find what is wrong or what commands need to be executed on the command
line then use those in Geany.

> Please share any ideas/suggestions. I have tried a lot.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Manohar

Re: [Geany-Users] Update on source compilation

Paul Stephens
Is it possible that the compiled program is a terminal application and
not a Windows app?

If so it will run in DOS but not Windows.

from the desk of:
Paul Stephens
1309 S. 3rd Ave.
Walla Walla, WA. 99362