[Geany-Users] geany Compile - Strange error message

rch

[Geany-Users] geany Compile - Strange error message

rch

    Dear Geany users

    I'm trying to Execute (= compile to html) asciidoctor files in geany.

    At the command prompt, this converts test file "Oh_dear.adoc" to
html perfectly:-
      $ asciidoctor Oh_dear.adoc -a icons,toc=left -o Oh_dear.html

    But when I have the same file open in geany, and press Execute, I get
      /tmp/geany_run_script_AKS1OY.sh: 7:
/tmp/geany_run_script_AKS1OY.sh: ./Oh_dear: not found

    Relevant bits of filetypes file and template file pasted in below

    With other execute commands (e.g. compile Perl script) there is no
problem

    Your help much appreciated
    Richard H

The file filetypes.adoc (~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.adoc)
    reads
        ... snip...
        [build-menu]
        FT_00_LB=Compile
        FT_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
        FT_00_WD=
        EX_00_LB=_Execute
        EX_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
        EX_00_WD=

and the template file file.adoc (~/.config/geany/templates/files/file.adoc)
    reads similarly, i.e.
        ... snip...
        [build-menu]
        FT_00_LB=Compile
        FT_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
        FT_00_WD=
        EX_00_LB=_Execute
        EX_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
        EX_00_WD=

        -------- End of Original Message --------

Re: [Geany-Users] geany Compile - Strange error message

Lex Trotman
I am not quite sure how you are setting the commands.

Geany has a builtin filetype which is called asciidoc, not adoc.

You can edit the filetype specific build settings in the
"menu->tools->configuration files->filetype configuration->markup
languages->filetypes.asciidoc" and it will save in the right place in
your config.

If I paste your [build-menu] section from below in the empty file
opened by the menu above and save (and reload configuration) it works
fine.

I'm not sure what you are doing with the template file, thats not
where commands go.

rch

Re: [Geany-Users] geany Compile - Strange error message

rch
    Magic!
    That worked out of the box
    Many thanks
    Richard H

For others who may come this way ...
Lex Trotman wrote:
> "menu->tools->configuration files->filetype configuration->markup
> languages->filetypes.asciidoc" and it will save in the right place in
> your config.

    So I did
    "menu->tools->configuration files->etc

    This opened a file which according to "Tools ->Copy File Path" is
    ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.asciidoc

    It was just 35 lines, and no sign of a [build-menu] section

    So I pasted in the afore-mentioned
[build-menu]
FT_00_LB=Compile
FT_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
FT_00_WD=
EX_00_LB=_Execute
EX_00_CM=asciidoctor  "%d/%f" -a icons,toc=left -o "%e.html"
EX_00_WD=

     I closed the file, closed geany, reopened geany,
     and now *.adoc files compile to html just like they used to

     Diagnosis
     Looks like I corrupted /lost the original copy of filetypes.asciidoc

     R. H.

On 10/04/2016 01:48 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

> I am not quite sure how you are setting the commands.
>
> Geany has a builtin filetype which is called asciidoc, not adoc.
>
> You can edit the filetype specific build settings in the
> "menu->tools->configuration files->filetype configuration->markup
> languages->filetypes.asciidoc" and it will save in the right place in
> your config.
>
> If I paste your [build-menu] section from below in the empty file
> opened by the menu above and save (and reload configuration) it works
> fine.
>
> I'm not sure what you are doing with the template file, thats not
> where commands go.
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>
> On 4 October 2016 at 20:51, rch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>     Dear Geany users
...snip...

[Geany-Users] Plugin to compare two files and show the difference

Vesta
Please advice Geany plugin to compare two files and show the difference.

Also plugin for searching and highlighting matching HTML tags pairs (if we highlight open <div> tag, it need highlight matching closing </div> tag.

Regards,
Alex

Re: [Geany-Users] Plugin to compare two files and show the difference

Lex Trotman
On 8 October 2016 at 21:33, Vesta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please advice Geany plugin to compare two files and show the difference.

Not aware of such a thing.

http://plugins.geany.org/pairtaghighlighter.html

> Regards,
> Alex

Re: [Geany-Users] Plugin to compare two files and show the difference

Perez, Abel
For the first use Notepad++ with the Compare plugin.

Abel

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.

Please advice Geany plugin to compare two files and show the difference.

Also plugin for searching and highlighting matching HTML tags pairs (if we highlight open <div> tag, it need highlight matching closing </div> tag.

Regards,
Alex

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer.