[Geany-Users] haxe project filetypes

guido

Hello!

I'm a new user to geany who wants to use it for haxe programming. I'm
trying to configure a filetypes.hxproj.conf file for haxe project
files in geany. However, geany always recognizes the .hxproj files as
.xml-files and loads the filetypes.xml data.

To generate my filetypes.hxproj.conf I copied the filetypes.xml and changed

[settings]
extension=hxproj

[build-menu]
compiler=openfl update neko
linker=openfl build neko
run_cmd=openfl run neko

Additionally, in the filetypes_extensions.conf I added below the
[Extensions] tag

Haxeproject=*.hxproj;

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Guido Blady

Re: [Geany-Users] haxe project filetypes

Colomban Wendling
hi,

Le 10/07/2016 à 21:37, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> I'm a new user to geany who wants to use it for haxe programming. I'm
> trying to configure a filetypes.hxproj.conf file for haxe project files
> in geany. However, geany always recognizes the .hxproj files as
> .xml-files and loads the filetypes.xml data.
>
> To generate my filetypes.hxproj.conf I copied the filetypes.xml and changed

You probably shouldn't copy a builtin filetype completely.  A few things
you should do for custom filetypes:

* set lexer_filetype=HTML in [settings], and possibly tag_parser to the
same value
* use [styling=HTML] but luckily XML filetype already does that so
you're all set here.

> [settings]
> extension=hxproj
>
> [build-menu]
> compiler=openfl update neko
> linker=openfl build neko
> run_cmd=openfl run neko
>
> Additionally, in the filetypes_extensions.conf I added below the
> [Extensions] tag
>
> Haxeproject=*.hxproj;

The entry in filetypes_extensions.conf has to match the filetype name
exactly.  Here, you should either rename your custom filetype
filetypes.Haxeproject.conf or the entry in filetypes_extensions.conf hxproj=

Regards,
Colomban

Re: [Geany-Users] haxe project filetypes

There is already a Haxe filetype in Geany.  Why do you need to make
your own?  Or at the worst maybe use the existing Haxe filetype file
as your starting point not xml?

Le 11/07/2016 à 01:18, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> There is already a Haxe filetype in Geany.  Why do you need to make
> your own?  Or at the worst maybe use the existing Haxe filetype file
> as your starting point not xml?

Hum, I guess Haxe uses project files that use XML but he wants different
commands/other stuff :)
rather than Haxe source it'd be like make or ant or take your pick

Cheers,
Colomban

Re: [Geany-Users] haxe project filetypes

guido
Exactly, haxe uses XML files for project metadata. Thank you for your
help, that did the trick!

Kind regards,
Guido Blady