[Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

JVP

[Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

JVP
 Hi All

Using FreeBasic with Geany 1.27 and having difficulty getting the user1=myspecialword to work.
I have copied the filetypes.freebasic to ~/.config/geany/filedefs and edited it there.

From my reading on the FreeBasic forum I saw that the colouring of user1 is controlled by word3.
The filetypes.freebasic suggest editing colours in the colorscheme  .conf file.
There wasn't a file there, but copying alt.conf there made no change at all.

If I add my word to the [keywords] then it gets high lighted, but I want separate colours for
the user1 keywords.

Can someone please suggest what the problem is.

Regards

Re: [Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

Lex Trotman
Works for me with latest Geany development version.

The `user1` keywords are highlighted by the `keyword_3` style.  To
change that you should edit that style in the style file you are using
(which is filetypes.common if you are using the default style and
menu->tools->configuration files->filetypes.common will load it).

JVP

Re: [Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

JVP

Hi All

Thanks Lex, I have it working now.

Another reason why it didn't, is any of the letters are capitalized ie: user1=Myspecialword

Now all I have to do is choose the right colours so the programming page doesn't look

like a Picasso.

Regards
Jan van de Poll
On 09/19/2016 12:08 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
Works for me with latest Geany development version.

The `user1` keywords are highlighted by the `keyword_3` style.  To
change that you should edit that style in the style file you are using
(which is filetypes.common if you are using the default style and
menu->tools->configuration files->filetypes.common will load it).

On 19 September 2016 at 13:06, JVP [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi All

Using FreeBasic with Geany 1.27 and having difficulty getting the
user1=myspecialword to work.
I have copied the filetypes.freebasic to ~/.config/geany/filedefs and edited
it there.

From my reading on the FreeBasic forum I saw that the colouring of user1 is
controlled by word3.

JVP

Re: [Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

JVP

Hi All

I notice that in some filetypes. there are entries called:

user3=

user4=

From that I assumed that I can add more user key word lists (with different colours).

I have edited my filetypes.freebasic by adding:

user3=myroutine

then added:

keyword_5=0xFF3030;;false;false

to filetypes.common (if Keyword_3 is user1, then hopefully keyword_5 is user3)

However, that doesn't work. Is it even possible to do this, or are there more changes to make ?

Regards
Jan van de Poll
On 09/20/2016 07:33 AM, JVP wrote:

Hi All

Thanks Lex, I have it working now.

Another reason why it didn't, is any of the letters are capitalized ie: user1=Myspecialword

Now all I have to do is choose the right colours so the programming page doesn't look

like a Picasso.

Regards
Jan van de Poll
On 09/19/2016 12:08 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
Works for me with latest Geany development version.

The `user1` keywords are highlighted by the `keyword_3` style.  To
change that you should edit that style in the style file you are using
(which is filetypes.common if you are using the default style and
menu->tools->configuration files->filetypes.common will load it).

On 19 September 2016 at 13:06, JVP [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi All

Using FreeBasic with Geany 1.27 and having difficulty getting the
user1=myspecialword to work.
I have copied the filetypes.freebasic to ~/.config/geany/filedefs and edited
it there.

>From my reading on the FreeBasic forum I saw that the colouring of user1 is
controlled by word3.
The filetypes.freebasic suggest editing colours in the colorscheme  .conf
file.
There wasn't a file there, but copying alt.conf there made no change at all.

If I add my word to the [keywords] then it gets high lighted, but I want
separate colours for
the user1 keywords.

Can someone please suggest what the problem is.

Regards

Re: [Geany-Users] # user definable keywords

Lex Trotman
It depends on the Scintilla lexer if they work or not.  Basic lexer
probably doesn't support extra keyword lists.