[Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
Can I hide menu bar when running on full-screen mode?

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Lex Trotman
On 19 October 2011 19:22, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can I hide menu bar when running on full-screen mode?

Hi,

No, sorry.

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
Ok!Thanks for the reply!

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 19 October 2011 19:22, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can I hide menu bar when running on full-screen mode?

Hi,

No, sorry.

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it useful for the project?

On 20 October 2011 11:39, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it useful for the
> project?

If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
upgrades.

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok!Thanks for the reply!

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> No, sorry.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Lex

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
Here it is...I hope it's useful!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 20 October 2011 11:39, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it useful for the
> project?

If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
upgrades.

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok!Thanks for the reply!

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> No, sorry.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Lex

geany-0.21_hide_top_bars_on_fullscreen.patch (14K) Download Attachment
geany_r6018_hide_top_bars_on_fullscreen.patch (16K) Download Attachment

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Dimitar Zhekov
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:43:15 +0100
Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here it is...I hope it's useful!
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 20 October 2011 11:39, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it useful for
> > the
> > > project?
> >
> > If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
> > it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
> > upgrades.

Looks fine to me, except that some of the changes are indented with
spaces instead of tabs.

I'm not quite sure why ui_menubar_showhide() should take a gboolean
state, check it with & and hide the menu for state = 1 (or TRUE?). It
may be the most effective way, but writing an extra line or too to make
the code stupid and simple may be a good idea.

A good thing to have, though I personnaly am not going to use it.

--
E-gards: Jimmy

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
"& ui_prefs.fullscreen" was redundant, state brings "ui_prefs.fullscreen & interface_prefs.hide_menubar_on_fullscreen" from caller. Now with tabs..I think it's ok!

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Dimitar Zhekov <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:43:15 +0100
Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here it is...I hope it's useful!
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 20 October 2011 11:39, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it useful for
> > the
> > > project?
> >
> > If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
> > it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
> > upgrades.

Looks fine to me, except that some of the changes are indented with
spaces instead of tabs.

I'm not quite sure why ui_menubar_showhide() should take a gboolean
state, check it with & and hide the menu for state = 1 (or TRUE?). It
may be the most effective way, but writing an extra line or too to make
the code stupid and simple may be a good idea.

A good thing to have, though I personnaly am not going to use it.

--
E-gards: Jimmy

geany_r6018_hide_top_bars_on_fullscreen.patch (16K) Download Attachment

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Matthew Brush-2
Hi,

Is there any chance we could not commit this since I'll have to
re-convert the old Glade 2 file to Glade 3/GtkBuilder again?  Once the
switch is complete I can hand-port the changes here.

@Pedro
I hate to cause extra effort since we appreciate when people can help
out but would it be possible for you to post this to the patch
tracker[1] so that it doesn't get lost?

Also, it would be cool to generally add options to show/hide the menu
bar and the status bar, whether in fullscreen or not. There's already a
feature request[2] about the status bar.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=153444&atid=787793
[2]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3131862&group_id=153444&atid=787794

On 11-10-22 03:19 PM, Pedro Cirne wrote:

> "& ui_prefs.fullscreen" was redundant, state brings "ui_prefs.fullscreen
> & interface_prefs.hide_menubar_on_fullscreen" from caller. Now with
> tabs..I think it's ok!
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Dimitar Zhekov
>
>     On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:43:15 +0100
>     Pedro Cirne <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>      > Here it is...I hope it's useful!
>      >
>      > On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Lex Trotman <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      >
>      > > On 20 October 2011 11:39, Pedro Cirne <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > > I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it
>     useful for
>      > > the
>      > > > project?
>      > >
>      > > If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
>      > > it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
>      > > upgrades.
>
>     Looks fine to me, except that some of the changes are indented with
>     spaces instead of tabs.
>
>     I'm not quite sure why ui_menubar_showhide() should take a gboolean
>     state, check it with & and hide the menu for state = 1 (or TRUE?). It
>     may be the most effective way, but writing an extra line or too to make
>     the code stupid and simple may be a good idea.
>
>     A good thing to have, though I personnaly am not going to use it.
>
>     --
>     E-gards: Jimmy

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Pedro Cirne
Of course I can give a hand! But wouldn't be dangerous hide menu bar in normal view? I think some people could get stuck after that! It has happened with amarok some years ago until developers remove the functionality.

   <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
    > > > I have edited the source code to make it works for me, is it
   useful for
    > > the
    > > > project?
    > >
    > > If you submit a patch/pull request we will certainly have a look at
    > > it.  Then you may not have to keep applying it each time Geany
    > > upgrades.

   Looks fine to me, except that some of the changes are indented with
   spaces instead of tabs.

   I'm not quite sure why ui_menubar_showhide() should take a gboolean
   state, check it with & and hide the menu for state = 1 (or TRUE?). It
   may be the most effective way, but writing an extra line or too to make
   the code stupid and simple may be a good idea.

   A good thing to have, though I personnaly am not going to use it.

   --
   E-gards: Jimmy

Re: [Geany] hide menu bar on full-screen

Federico Rico
I'm very interested in producing a "robust" version of Geany, where the user (children) can only edit the current file, avoiding further interaction. Had a look to the sources, and frankly can't see how to hide the bar without provoking undesired effects. Could you please help me with this? Any hint to approach the problem? Thanks in advance.

F.